Hello,

How do I give administrator access to users?

How do i get system administrator access?

How can I give access to users to only specific boards? I would like to limit users access to edit, creating cards, and also limit to only see and work on specific boards.

Kind regards

Isobel

2 answers

Hi, check this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/User+and+Group+Management

Another thing, I'd recommend you to check here for the basics: JIRA 101

In most cases you will get answers faster than posting in the Q&A.

1 vote

You do not get system admin rights.  That's reserved for Atlassian Cloud support

To give JIRA admin rights to other users, you add them into the jira-administrators groups

To limit access to boards, you need to make sure your project permissions are correct for the projects that are in the boards.  Only people with "project admin" can create and maintain boards for their projects.  Only people with "create issue" permissions on the projects behind the boards can create cards/issues, and so-on

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,448 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you