User not receiving email notifications

Phu Ngo October 29, 2018

Hi  All,

I have user cannot receive any email notification from Jira.

This is example ticket of him.

He is a Reporter and should be receive all notification of issue updated.
I was check with Notification help, and here the screen shot I take.
I also check with Email Flow on O365 Exchange server but look like Jira never sent him any email.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 10.53.37 AM.png

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phu Ngo November 7, 2018

Hi all, I reach Jira support for help.
Here the answer:
User email was blocked in the Jira server email and need they Technician to un-block it
The Reason is Jira user was created when the mailbox of the user not yet exist. (So the email address was not available) -> Server but it in block it.
-> Make sure user mail box is ready before create Jira User

0 votes
Hannes May 3, 2021

@Phu Ngo I think, we have the same problem. Can you exactly explain, what you did to solve this? Would be really great!

Thanks a lot!!

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hi, 

you can even change the jira settings for user to receive emails on their own changes even if don't opt for it, settings>system>default user preference>Edit 

by default everyone will be able to receive notification

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

HI @Phu Ngo

Welcome to the Community!

If you want to get a notification on your own changes then you need to change in My Changes as Notify me going to User Profile.

Please have a look at the below KB for more details, hope it helps.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/managing-your-user-profile-861256145.html#Managingyouruserprofile-Managingemailnotifications

Suggest an answer