It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User able to view project they are not a part of Edited

i have a project that has specified users added with the "default" Jira roles. When a user who does not have access to the project logs into their account they can "view" this other project, why?

Please note i do have other projects in the system that the permissions are correct on and only people in the people list in project settings can see the assigned project... it is just this one project that has the issue :(

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

hahaha i just figured it out... the project was created with a different permissions scheme ... wow that has taken me all day to figure out.. wish i would have thought to send out a hail mary post question earlier today LOL

Glad you got that sorted @Kiersti_Felska 

0 votes

Hi @Kiersti_Felska 

Permission Helper feature will be useful here. Goto Jira Settings -> System -> Permission Helper.

Type one of the user names seeing the project, select any issue and select 'Browser Projects'

ahhhh that would of also assisted me earlier today to.... thanks SOOO much

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you