User able to view project they are not a part of

Kiersti Felska January 16, 2020

i have a project that has specified users added with the "default" Jira roles. When a user who does not have access to the project logs into their account they can "view" this other project, why?

Please note i do have other projects in the system that the permissions are correct on and only people in the people list in project settings can see the assigned project... it is just this one project that has the issue :(

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

hahaha i just figured it out... the project was created with a different permissions scheme ... wow that has taken me all day to figure out.. wish i would have thought to send out a hail mary post question earlier today LOL

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Glad you got that sorted @Kiersti Felska 

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Kiersti Felska 

Permission Helper feature will be useful here. Goto Jira Settings -> System -> Permission Helper.

Type one of the user names seeing the project, select any issue and select 'Browser Projects'

ahhhh that would of also assisted me earlier today to.... thanks SOOO much

Suggest an answer