Update using cvs file

fabian_yanofsky April 30, 2023

Hi,

Trying to import a CSV file to JIRA updating existing items. 

Import does not work . log states "only new items will be imported ".

I saw an article about loading the file with no summary.  but that did not work neither.

No idea what to do next.

Regards,

Fabian 

2 answers

0 votes
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2023

Hey @fabian_yanofsky 

Unfortunately, you cannot do a bulk update of issues from a CSV file UNLESS you are a Jira Administrator (the actual instance administrator, not a project administrator).  If you give your file to one of your admins, they should be able to help you out.  :)

Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2023

I just noticed that you indicated that you have "site admin" permissions in Jira.  I would recommend that you check out this guide: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2023

Hi @fabian_yanofsky 

Can you share your sample CSV file like what columns are you using for importing the data.

As to update the existing issues in Jira you need to specify the that project name and project key in the CSV file so that Jira will search for these in Jira and update the fields which you have mentioned in the CSV file like assignee, reporter, epic link, etc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events