Unable to delete inactive workflow

Hi,

I am unable to delete inactive workflow. I am getting the following exception:

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are more than one draft workflows associated with the workflow named 'Application Development Workflow'

Looking at the exception details, I understand the reason why this is happening, but there is no way I can fix this using "On Demand" instance, as I cannot access database to manually remove leftover draft (we are avare that draft should not be left unused in the system, but that is not the subject of this question).

So, please, can anybody help with this one?

Best, Bosko.

P.S.: Full exception stack trace is attached. (exception.txt)

2 answers

Hi Bosko,

Indeed, workflows in the inactive states can be deleted without a problem. However if you were editing a workflow you first have to publish or discard the draft before deleting the workflow.

Hope this helps?!

Thans for quick answer.

Anyway, option to discard or publish draft makes sense, but entering edit mode of this workflow, there is no option to discard or publish draft, as you can see from attached screenshot.

Thanks, Bosko

Hi Bosko,

Is it possible that you have a workflow scheme in draft to which the to-delete-workflow is attached? I see this message:

Also, are you working in multiple browser tabs on the same JIRA instance?

Hi Benji,

No. The workflow I am trying to delete is not attached to any workflow scheme.

If it is attached to a workflow scheme, the "Delete" link woulnd't be visible (I am avare that deleting workflow is not allowed if it is assigned to any worfklow scheme).

However, I have tried to add it to a workflow scheme, hoping that this would result in option to discard or publish that "ghost" draft, but no, the result was the same. Once entering edit mode of workflow, there was no option to discard or publish active draft (see previous message screenshot).

As for the multiple tabs, no, I am not, I tried this in single tab, single browser window.

Thanks.

Anyone found a solution for this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

78 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you