Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Unable to add Apps to JIRA

Hello there, I was trying to add several apps to my Jira Instance but I always get an error 

We ran into a little trouble

It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit.

This happens with all apps, what am I missing here. I think its a bug, but I am not able to write a supportmail because I am on free plan.

Best

Markus

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Somehow Luke ,

First off there are going to be some apps on the free tier that are no compatible at all there is a list of apps that are known incompatible in the KB "Limitations in Jira Cloud Free plans" , please take a look at the list to see if any of the apps you're encountering this error with are listed there.

If the apps you're trying to install are not on the list, what apps are you trying to install so I can take a closer look and see if there is a compatibility issue?

Also, the error you are seeing "We ran into a little trouble. It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit." can also be triggered after a migration if the imported groups have not been granted access to any default groups for product access.

To check if this is the case, navigate to Administration >> SITE SETTINGS >> Product Access, and you will see a yellow banner at the top of the page noting the following:

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 3.15.49 PM.png 

Review the groups and make sure the administrator groups have been approved so they have full access to the sites administrative abilities, which includes the ability to install add-on apps.

Regards,
Earl

Hi there, thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed the last section about the product access was the problem. I have reviewed the groups and now I can install apps :-)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Hi, could u help me to review the groups?

I have 4 groups and one of this is Jira-software-users with default configuration.

thank you

Immagine.jpg

Like Infra Vendor Management likes this

Hi. I'm also having this issue with "Azure Pipelines for Jira".

Since it couldn't be added to the account/instance, it wasn't available to add as a product available to a user-group in admin.

I guess it's possible that the list of aren't compatible with free plans, is not quite up to date and doesn't include Azure Pipelines. We're performing a POC and would've liked to verify the ability to integrate with this product before moving over to a fuller paid plan.

Suggest an answer