Topic: How to give access to User who was denied access previously in JIRA

Aileen May 6, 2022

Hi all,

I had a user who submitted a request to access JIRA, but we denied it at the time.

Now, we are trying to give that user access, but it seems like they are completely blocked from accessing the backend/project boards/dashboards etc...

Is there any work-around for this situation?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sugandha Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

Hello @Aileen ,

If I understand your issue correctly, you are unable to invite a user to your Cloud Instance. Could you please share what error the user is facing?

- Have you sent the user an invitation?

- Is there any error message the user is seeing which following the invitation email to join your site.

Aileen May 6, 2022

@Sugandha Singh Hello!
Yes, there is a user who we've sent 2 invitations

But when they click on a dashboard link, it's sending them back to the frontend of the help desk page.

I will check back with them to make sure they are clicking through the login screens correctly.

But I was ultimately wondering if someone denied a user access request, does it prevent that user/user email from being able to log in to that environment permanently?

*I unfortunately don't remember the exact warning message for when access request is denied, so that's why I posted my question

Aileen August 25, 2022

Solution: User finally logged in

I think this was just a PICNIC error

0 votes
Scott Paden November 4, 2022

This is what happened (using Jira Cloud)

We determined that an individual had an alias email address. The person's alias was (like) johnny.doe@foo.bar but their actual email was jon.doe@foo.bar.  Specifying the user as jon.doe@foo.bar in Jira never got email to them.

How I fixed it:

I created a new Jira account for johnny.doe@foo.bar and Johnny final got the Jira invite. 

0 votes
Scott Paden July 26, 2022

I'm having the same issue. We initially declined someone, then we added them. They still denied it. The response is:

"Your team is waiting for you to join them."
"<admin name> has invited you to collaborate on <domain name>"

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Assuming you are a system administrator please go into settings, user management and search for the user. If found you should be able to go view details by clicking on their name and then granting access as well as select the check boxes for the appropriate products. Once this is done you can check to see if they have the necessary permissions for the projects in question.

if you do not find the user under user management then invite the user using the ad user button. 

Suggest an answer