Timer feature/add-on for time tracking purposes?

Tudor Hofnar October 19, 2012

We are looking for a plugin, addon or some sort of feature to track time spent on each issue. What we currently have is a software where when an Issue/Ticket is open a timer starts and begins counting. That time is saved when the Issue/Ticket is closed and when it is opened again it begins adding to that initial time.

Is there such a timer feature in JIRA? Or is there a plugin/addon that we can use for this? We just looked at Harvest but can't really seem mention of an integration with JIRA...

Any ideas?

Thank You!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2012

There is no such timer feature in JIRA. None of the plugins on onDemand supports this either. In the downloaded version of JIRA, you might be able to add one plugin yourself!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2012

Not sure. There may already be a feature request for this. If not, you can create one.

Ah I was affraid of this. None of my research showed any feature like this. Possibly coming later on?

Any idea whether or how this would work?

http://www.just-time-tracking.com/en_timeon_Support

It seems that timer feature could be what I am looking for...

Suggest an answer