Ticket status mirror one another

Damien_Chedan January 20, 2020

Hello everyone, 

I have a ticket (let's call it ticket A) in one dashboard that is a bit complex. I would like to duplicate this ticket in another simplified dashboard (let's call this new ticket ticket B) so that ticket B gets ticket A's statuts when it's updated. 

Would anyone have an idea ? Thank you for your time ! :)

2 answers

0 votes
Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hi Damien, just correct me if i did not understand your query. So you want actually want to see the exact same ticket o a simpler board? Is that right? Or what do you mean with dashboard?

You can actually create a simpler Board with the same issue in it and when you update it on board A it will also update on board B. Boards are just visualizations of tickets. 

If I got it wrong, just ignore my comment. 

My best

Merve 

Damien_Chedan January 20, 2020

Yes, it's exactly what I'm looking for but i haven't managed to do it so far ! 

Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Boards are based on JQL queries. You have to set up that desired JQL query and create a board based on that one. 

Follow this link for details https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-a-board-764477949.html

As I said before, the exact same issue can be on many different boards as long as they are included in the filter. When you edit or transition an issue which is in multiple boards, they will also be edited or transitioned in the other one. 

Damien_Chedan January 21, 2020

Thank you for your help, I'll have a look at this link !

0 votes
Chris Johnson January 20, 2020

From what I understand, you can link the two so that they appear on each other as references, but actual mirroring of these tickets wouldn't be possible unless there was an add-on that provides that sort of functionality.

Suggest an answer