The lastViewed date is not updated on all of my issues on my board after opening them

Jay Greenberg May 4, 2022

I have handfuls of items that I have opened recently (today essentially) and the lastViewed date on my issue card never populates and instead says NONE.  How do I fix this?

I have opened every one of these issues, and even cleared page cache to see if it would populate and no dice.

last viewed NONE.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Jay Greenberg -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to the advanced JQL documentation, Last Viewed is relative to the value provided in a query.  When you do not specify a value it is relative to midnight on the current date for your time zone: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/#Advancedsearchingfieldsreference-LastViewedLastViewedDatelastViewedDateLastviewed

How does that match what you are seeing, as it appears that you added the field to your board view for cards and did not use it in a query?

Other community posts seem to indicate that this value is relative to currentUser() and that it appear as null/cleared as time passes.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer