Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

The lastViewed date is not updated on all of my issues on my board after opening them

I have handfuls of items that I have opened recently (today essentially) and the lastViewed date on my issue card never populates and instead says NONE.  How do I fix this?

I have opened every one of these issues, and even cleared page cache to see if it would populate and no dice.

last viewed NONE.png

1 answer

Hi @Jay Greenberg -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to the advanced JQL documentation, Last Viewed is relative to the value provided in a query.  When you do not specify a value it is relative to midnight on the current date for your time zone: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/#Advancedsearchingfieldsreference-LastViewedLastViewedDatelastViewedDateLastviewed

How does that match what you are seeing, as it appears that you added the field to your board view for cards and did not use it in a query?

Other community posts seem to indicate that this value is relative to currentUser() and that it appear as null/cleared as time passes.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you