The issue search results does not display the right progression bar for epics

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Hello everybody.

When I perform a research, it seems the Progression sum bar does not display the right results for my epics. For example, here, the bottom issue should display 40% done and it just displays 0%. It does so with all my Epic issue types.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 17.17.45.png

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 17.17.33.png

It displays the correct information for other issue types such as bugs or tasks.

Is there a link between logged time for the issues inside this epic and the progression bar ?

Do you have an idea to solve this problem ?

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Epic progress bar is not associated with time log rather it is an issue level. so it will display the number of issues in each category: Done, In Progress and To Do. This article might be of interest to you - see-the-progress-of-an-epic-on-the-roadmap 

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

I see, but the results are still not coherent.

For example, this issue here in full view : 

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 09.37.23.png

And now, the same issue in the search bar : Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 09.40.52.png

It does not seem coherent as you see the progress bar is different depending on the view :/

To clarify, I am not using the roadmap.

Suggest an answer