Team-Managed Projects and Advanced Roadmaps

Mk j June 13, 2021

Hello,

I am looking to utilize Advanced Roadmaps (plans) with my team-managed project however it seems they are not compatible or something. I keep getting the following message when I try to create an advanced roadmap/plan on my project "Team-managed boards are not supported". Is there a feature I need to enable in this case? 

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021

@Mk j, for now, Advanced Roadmaps works with Jira Software company-managed projects only. You can find more details at Roadmaps in Jira Software.

Mk j June 14, 2021

Thank you for your response

Like Ivan Lima likes this
Maruf Mamurov January 31, 2022

@Ivan Lima Hi, Ivan! How are you?
I have couple of question regarding to Advanced Roadmaps: 
1. Is it any chance that Atlassian will announce Advanced Roadmaps for team-managed projects? 
2. What about Advanced Roadmaps in JWM also?)

Thanks in advance. 

Like # people like this
Erin Quick-Laughlin February 1, 2022

There is an overhaul for Epics coming up that will lead to enabling Team-managed project data in AR.  

If you are already using Advanced Roadmaps, you will need to update your hierarchy by April 1    Epics will behave like any other parent-child relation after these changes.

Volodymyr Lebediev May 19, 2022

@Erin Quick-Laughlin  Hi Erin, are there any news on when Team-managed project data will be available in AR?

Looks like this specific article affects only company-managed settings...

Erin Quick-Laughlin May 19, 2022

It's unknown to me what else Atlassian is doing between that Epic Fields sunsetting and actually making Team-Managed projects available in AR.    Perhaps @Rohan Swami could confirm this is happening, and an estimated date?

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

Thanks @Erin Quick-Laughlin we don't have a timeframe for TMP support in Advanced Roadmaps but you can follow the progress here for updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20012

@Maruf Mamurov we expect to support JWM at the same time as well.

1 vote
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

@jforristal - You might get more response if you ask this as an independent question instead of piggy-backing on another.

jforristal May 4, 2022

Thanks @LarryBrock 

Like LarryBrock likes this
0 votes
jforristal September 30, 2021

Is there any way to convert Company-managed projects to a Team-managed boards?

Thanks

Erin Quick-Laughlin October 14, 2021

@jforristal I don't know about converting an entire project, but you could move your issues from one to the other, which triggers mapping screens for fields and values that don't automatically match up.

Like # people like this
Dee Singh April 18, 2022

@jforristal the below link can help convert company managed project to team managed and vice versa

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

Like jforristal likes this

Suggest an answer