Tagging another user in a comment

Danielle Guarino February 20, 2015

I am not able to tag another user in a comment by using the @ symbol. That function works fine as I am typing this message, but when I  try to do so in the comments section of an order it does not. 

Please let me know if there is a fix for this. 

Thank you,

Danielle Guarino

3 answers

0 votes
Eduardo Guzman February 20, 2015

This problem is about permissions, by default only users from the group jira-developers can show the list...check the Global Permissions, look for "Search Users" and see if you belong to one of this groups.

0 votes

Hi Shayne -

Here is a screenshot of where I am having the issue.

When I am in JIRA within a certain ticket and try to comment on the ticket. I am not able to see a list of people to mention. 

Thank you,

Danielle 

image2015-2-20 11:31:21.png

@Shayne Covey

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2015

Hi Danielle, Can you please provide more detail about where this feature is not functioning? I see you have added the 'jira-cloud' tag, so I'm guessing this is a problem on a field in your JIRA Cloud instance, but it's not really clear at this point. Also, how is the feature failing when you attempt to use it? Are you not able to see a list of people to mention? Or can you see the list, but the user isn't notified properly?

Suggest an answer