Table on email and slack messages

Boo Rivera December 28, 2021

Hello,

"||" and "|" are symbols to create a table in Jira issues, however, I am creating automation to send emails and Slack messages that require a table, otherwise, texts are everywhere. Does anybody know how to send messages in emails and Slack channels with tables in it?

Thank you!

Boo

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Boo Rivera -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To be honest, I haven't used Slack in a while and cannot test this work-around...

There is a known issue where the emails sent from automation for Jira do not support the wiki markup, and the suggested work-around is to use html conversion: 

Perhaps try that for email and Slack messages.

Kind regards,
Bill

Boo Rivera January 10, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy ,

Thanks for your response, however, it still did not work and I could not align my table values properly even by doing it manually. 

Regards,

Boo

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2022

Sorry to learn that, and I am not certain what else to try on this one.

You could wait a bit and see if another community member has suggestions.  And, if you are using a paid (not free) license for Jira you could work with your site admin to submit a support ticket to see what Atlassian says: Atlassian Support

Once you hear back from them, please post what you learn to benefit the community.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer