Story bug/Sprint bug - template update for sub-task

RK April 27, 2021

Hi !

Looking for pointers on how to update the template of a sub-task type called "Story bug" to show fields like a "bug" issue type.

We created an issue-type "Story Bug" as a child of issue-type "Story" but the page template looks like that of a "Sub-task". We'd like to update it to show fields that we have in our "bug" template. Can someone point me to how to update the template? Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hello @RK ,

Welcome to the community. 

you can define different field configurations for each issue type in a project, and to do this you are going to want to look into "Field configurations" and Field configuration schemes", As a reference point the detailed explanation can be seen in the Documentation:

And additional field configurations can be found under:

The quickest method to check what field configurations are being used currently, can be found under the "Projects setting >> Fields" section noting in the following example I have Story and Bug associated to the "asdf" field configuration and the other issue types are using the Default Field Configuration:

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 4.22.37 PM.png

In this Example my scheme is named 'asdf' so navigating to "System >> Issues >> Field Configuration Schemes"  and select Configure for the asdf scheme, where I can then select "Associate an issue type with a field configuration" to move the desired issue type to the matching field configuration like this:

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 4.30.39 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer