Stories not being updated with Resolved Status

Surya Akasam October 21, 2019

Hi 

I have a Three Level Pull Work flow , When ever a Story is moved to Done in that stage and next work flow will take over

1. Story - Grooming Done ( DOR or Ready for deveLopment) - Kanban Board 

2. Ready for deveLopment - Dev Done ( Ready for Deployment) - Scrum Board 

3. Ready for Deployment - Deployment Done. ( Kanban board) 

Problem is Stories who are Deployment done are not being updating as resolved and still in Unreolved state, I am not sure how to update them. Due to this there is a lot of confusion in release notes generation and tracking the project. 

Any suggestions how to the solve this problem? Appreciate the support

Note: I have created a separate workflow for sub tasks in this Sprint which will be there in only stage two and They will not be moved to stage three and expectation is Subtasks will be resolved after the parent tasks and Subtaks will be moved to Dev Done

Regards

Surya

1 answer

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

There is a problem with your workflow. The transition going to done/closed should either present a screen where the user picks the resolution value or it is set in a post function in the transition 

Surya Akasam October 23, 2019

OK, You mean to Say that Either Developer Updates as done mannually or automate it as a post function at the stage three right?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

Yes. If you want the user to select from different resolutions such as fixed, Won't Fix, Duplicate, etc. present a transition screen with the resolution field. It is ALWAYS required when on the screen. This is why it is NEVER put on the create or edit screen. If the resolution will always be the same use a post function to set it. I only use that option in a few instances. 

Suggest an answer