Sign off by multiple users

Deleted user December 10, 2013

Is there a way in Jira to mean that a group of people have to all select an option before the issue transitions into the next stage.

For example, I have a group of people who QA work and I would want them all to click Signed Off before it transitions to Live.

If this is possible, I guess it would probably be something to do with post functions?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

I've done this with conditional transitions. I created a user role for each area that needs to sign. don't do it by names, those will change and using roles allows backups for people. then there is a transition restricted to each role that displays just the field to be set by them. We used a select list of Approve and Reject. then another transition that is only available when ALL those fields are set to Approve. So if you have 5 areas that need to approve you need to setup 5 fields, 5 project roles, and 6 transitions; one for each role and the final one when all the others are approved. You probably need the jira-suite-utlities plugin for this. I install it on all systems so forget sometimes if it is required.

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Hi Joe,

does this mean that anyone who needs to approve should belong to the 5 roles?

and any users that belong to that role could see the transition button?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events