Show/hide custom field based on another custom field value selection (JIRA Cloud)

Hello, 

I've been trying to use JIRA Service Desk's inbuilt workflow validator to achieve this but I've been unsuccessful. I have a requirement like this: 

I have four custom fields: 

Customfield1 = (yes or no) selection field

Customfield2 = numeric field 

Customfield3 = dropdown menu

Customfield4 = dropdown menu

If Customfield1 = yes,

then show Customfield2, customfield3 and customfield4 as required fields.

Customfield1 is a required field as well. 

This should appear on the screens while creating or editing an issue. I use JIRA Cloud. 

I looked at similar questions asked but all the ones I found were solutions for the server version. 

Appreciate any sort of help on this. Thanks in advance! 

-Mridula

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mridula,

Unfortunately in JIRA Cloud Atlassian don't provide any way to integrate with or change the user interface dynamically, so making some fields dependant on other fields isn't possible.

Jon

Thanks for your reply, Jon. If this can't be done within JIRA, do you know of any plug-ins or workarounds to even partially fulfill these requirements? Appreciate your help. smile 

That's the problem, there isn't a way to write a plugin-in to achieve this...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

226 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you