Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Sharing a private dashboard with another user

Hey,

Is there any way to allow another user to view a private dashboard? 

This is the only sharing option I see when logged in as the user. I'm a Jira admin but I don't think I can modify access. I'd prefer not to create a group or project just to add one person.

Any ideas?

Lisa

2 answers

Hi @Lisa Lee 

I'm afraid the default jira dashboard sharing features and access permissions are pretty limited in this regard...

In case you're up for a more effective and straightforward method to share dashboards, we develop a commercial solution called Dashboard Hub for Jira and for Confluence that, among many other features, allows you to share dashboards with external users by means of a simple link! Additionally, you can protect these links with password for more security.

Feel free to read a customer success story or see a dashboard example :)

Hope this helps,

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

Hi @Lisa Lee 

The owner of the dashboard would need to add them to the sharing, and to the sharing of the supporting saved filters (if any were used).

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

As an admin I am able to log in as this user and have seen nothing to indicate I can share with another individual. 

dash1.pngdash2.png

My mistake: you can add them for "viewing" as you note in the image, and edit permissions can add individual users.

Perhaps create a group just for those users, and then add the group for viewing.  That will make it easier if the desired viewer-group changes in the future.

Thanks Bill,

we figured it out and were able to add the individual as an editor

Lisa

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you