Sharing a private dashboard with another user

Lisa Lee May 19, 2022

Hey,

Is there any way to allow another user to view a private dashboard? 

This is the only sharing option I see when logged in as the user. I'm a Jira admin but I don't think I can modify access. I'd prefer not to create a group or project just to add one person.

Any ideas?

Lisa

3 answers

4 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Lisa Lee 

I'm afraid the default jira dashboard sharing features and access permissions are pretty limited in this regard...

In case you're up for a more effective and straightforward method to share dashboards, we develop a commercial solution called Dashboard Hub for Jira and for Confluence that, among many other features, allows you to share dashboards with external users by means of a simple link! Additionally, you can protect these links with password for more security.

Feel free to read a customer success story or see a dashboard example :)

Hope this helps,

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
Thuan Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Lisa Lee @Ivan Garcia _Appfire_ @Bill Sheboy 

Please follow the public ticket: JRACLOUD-26681

Please refer to the latest Atlassian Cloud changes Mar 27 to Apr 3, 2023

Or you can see the screenshots I captured and post here:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.48.48 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.49.04 pm.png

The feature is being rolled out. So you will get the feature soon.

Thanks.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2022

Hi @Lisa Lee 

The owner of the dashboard would need to add them to the sharing, and to the sharing of the supporting saved filters (if any were used).

Kind regards,
Bill

Lisa Lee May 20, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

As an admin I am able to log in as this user and have seen nothing to indicate I can share with another individual. 

dash1.pngdash2.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

My mistake: you can add them for "viewing" as you note in the image, and edit permissions can add individual users.

Perhaps create a group just for those users, and then add the group for viewing.  That will make it easier if the desired viewer-group changes in the future.

Lisa Lee May 23, 2022

Thanks Bill,

we figured it out and were able to add the individual as an editor

Lisa

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin