Setting up to extract a project

Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

I'm needing to extract on of our projects so a client can set up their own Jira system. I understand I need to set up a temporary instance of Jira to do this. Am I right in thinking I need to create all the user accounts, custom fields, workflows, permissions schemes etc in the temporary instance before importing the project. If so how can I get a list of all the users who have contributed to the project from the original project (which is in OnDemand). We have over 1200 issues in it and several hundred users who could potentially have contributed to it. Or will the user accounts be created automatically when the project is imported?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

User accounts will be created in the JIRA internal directory during the import.

Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2013

Thank you :)

Suggest an answer