Set issue fields post-function

dan_hersonsky May 20, 2024

HI

I want to use set issue fields post function when creating an issue.

The field i wanna set is " components" and i just cant find the nunjucks phrase which let me update the certain value.

I thought its going to be easy but i m wrong.

regards 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

@dan_hersonsky how are you ?

Do you have any addon like JMWE or none ?

Case you have JMWE you can set the component using the "Set issue fields (JMWE app)" and define your value,

Component.png

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as "Accept Answer" , so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

dan_hersonsky May 21, 2024

Hi

First of all, thank you' your solution helped me with simple value as "SAP".

But now i need the same solution with custom field that the value is :

"מע' פנים ארגוניות - SAP" ( its in hebrew)

see the structure of that string.

I tried to wrap it with commas or quotation. Does not work.

Thank you

dan_hersonsky May 22, 2024

Hi 

Eventually i succeeded using the id of the value

image.png

Like Carlos Faddul likes this
0 votes
dan_hersonsky May 21, 2024

Carlos hi

First of all thank you for the solution. It worked great for simple value as "SAP".

But now i have another challenge regarding the same action but with custom field value as follows : "מע' פנים ארגוניות - SAP". ( its in hebrew)

See the structure of that string. I tried with commas or quotation and it doesnt work. It gives me that error : Incorrect request: {"customfield_10069":"Specify a valid option 'name' for Org. Group"}

Regards

0 votes
Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

Hello @dan_hersonsky,

I am part of the Decadis team and this could also be achieved with our app JWT for Jira Cloud and its post function Update fields. It is possible to select with this post function a set of components to update the issue without the need to code.

If you are interested in this approach and need more information, please, feel free to create a request in our Support Portal, to visit our documentation or to reply us in this thread.

Best regards,

Vicente

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events