It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Scriptrunner: Sum of Story points for stories & sub-tasks on Epic story point field

My epics are created on a central project, and stories and sub-tasks are created in individual team's projects. Stories and sub-tasks are linked to Epics by Issues in Epic.

I want to show the sum of all the story points under one epic on the Story point field on the Epic. PS: Epic is on a different project.

Has anyone implemented this using the scriptrunner module?

2 answers

Hi @Kartik Gupta,

welcome to the community. I did that once, using an calculated field from script runner. 

If I remember right, I just followed the issue links to get the Stories and Sub-Tasks and then summed it up. 

@Bastian Stehmann -neusta portal services-: do you have the script that you used to do this?

I am sorry, but I don't have the script any more, because I do not have access to that instance any more.

I am trying to accomplish this as well!  @Kartik Gupta - any luck?  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

229 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you