Rest API call to extract Status Transition dates

nikita December 14, 2020

I've been using the changeLog expanded rest api call to our jira instance.

During the fields investigation, I discovered on one issue the transitions expanded has 13 recorded status transitions. These are recorded under the expand=transitions field. 

However, there is no record of these status transitions in the expand=changelog histories.

Can someone explain why this is?

And if the task did actually transition through these 13 status changes, how would I find the date and time and user who made these transitions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
nikita December 14, 2020

It seems the transitions field expanded is like a lookup table, and these are all the available transitions for the issue in question. If I am incorrect please let me know, this is what it seems to be though.

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 14, 2020

Hi @nikita 

As an alternative, you can try Issue History app. It lets you view all types of issue changes, including status transitions. You need to select 3 issue fields in the app`s column manager: issue key, summary, and statuses.

As a result, you will get the full report of status transitions for each issue. Also, this add-on shows when and by whom those changes were made.

I hope it will help

2020-11-18_9-57-27.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events