Resolution Set Using a POST Function Not Working

Joe Taberna January 16, 2020

Last month I set the resolution using a post function which worked fine until this month. Nothing has changed to the workflow so what could be causing this?

I also notice in the status drop down that there is a DONE status and then the PENDING RELEASE -> DONE transition. If I select DONE the resolution does not get set, but if I select the PENDING RELEASE -> DONE transition, the resolution is set. Can I just add a post function to the DONE status?

Jira issues need a resolution

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.37.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.37.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.47.07 AM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hi Joe,

you can add the same post function to set the resolution to the global transition leading to the Done status. The post function is not added to the status. And please excuse me but looking at the overall workflow raises some questions in my head. Don't you think a lot of those transitions are unnecessary? 😁

Best, Max

Hi Max,

Sorry, but I'm new to designing workflows. I went back and removed many transitions. How does this look?

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 12.25.24 PM.png

All I want is the issue to have the resolution set to DONE when the status is set to DONE. What I'm trying to avoid is to have the transition and the status both in the dropdown. Ideally I want only the statuses to be in the dropdown, but when the status is set to DONE then the resolution is set.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hey Joe,

it looks like you got rid of a lot of duplicate transitions. Great! 👍🏻 Maybe think about getting rid of all regular transitions from one status to another if they do not satisfy a specific need you don't want to mix with the global transitions. Just because you already have global transitions available for every status (except for CPA, so maybe you want to fix that). And make sure to add post functions to set a resolution where you need them.

Max,

Thank you for your help. I think I figured out my problem. By removing global transitions from the DONE status I'm able to only show the two transitions in the dropdown and not show the DONE status. This way all issue are marked DONE and the resolution sets to DONE.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.24.06 PM.png

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

You're welcome and have fun building workflows! This is just the beginning. :)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2020

Hey @Joe Taberna

If Max's answer solved your issue - could you confirm this by pressing "Accept Answer" and letting others know this is the one to view? :)

Ste

Suggest an answer