Replacement for "{noformat}" in the new issue UI?

Brian Barbe August 7, 2019

Switched to the new Issue UI and quickly ran into a missing feature.

In an issue comment, I frequently post system logs for a bug I'm working on. These logs are usually 20-30 lines long with each line being 100+ characters.

With {noformat}, I was able to contain these logs without line-wrapping in a nice scrollable box where I can scroll up/down as well as left-right.  It made the comment clean and easy to read. That seems to be missing from the new UI.

Here's an example:

system_logs.png

I don't see an alternative. The "Code Snippet" option is close, but it's line-numbered and it line-wraps.

Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Brian Barbe August 7, 2019

I see there's a PlainText option in the code snippet... so that's promising.  And it doesn't line-wrap! Not sure why my paste line-wrapped when I was using it the first few times.

I guess I can live with the line numbers... would be nice to turn those off, though.

AEM May 6, 2021

I use the {noformat} tag all the time to format measured data and not having access to it in the new issue UI is extremely frustrating.   The other frustration is not being able to edit the comment in plain text and add the JIRA formatting codes directly.  The new issue UI is a big step backward in terms of functionality and ease of use.

Like # people like this
oatssss June 14, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion to use PlainText in the code snippet. I use {noformat} a lot as well and am horrified that it's not supported in the new UI.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer