Renaming status workslow button broken

I wanted to rename the default status buttons -->

I followed another users instructions to delete the jira.i18n.title associated with the status button in question for my workflow - this did rename the status button from the default to the name of the next step in the workflow, perfect. BUT, I now have an edit window that pops up everytime a user selects the status button simply wanting to advance to the next step in the workflow.

I'm guessing that I'm missing something basic here.

2 answers

Hi Colin,

You are raising a question for JIRA OnDemand instance, and you mention you deleted the jira.i18n.title property. How did you manage to do that? Are you sure you are not using JIRA Server?

Also, are you referring to the workflow transition names? What exactly are you trying to do?

0 vote

Your question sounds like you are trying to rename buttons that appear on issues to provide "click me to move through the workflow"

Those buttons draw their name from the name of the transitions in the workflow. You don't muck around with i8n files or anything horrid like that, you just change the names in the workflow.

Unless I've misunderstood the question?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

807 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you