Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Removing 'component' field from epics

Hello all,

I am trying to remove the 'Component' field from Epics, whilst retaining the default one for for Stories/Tasks. 

I want to do this so that in my Dashboard I can exclude Epics from the pie chart showing the proportions of components that tasks are categorised under. Including Epics skews the chart.

I have looked at issue types and screens, and the associated parameters but am not able to set up a new scheme for Epics only.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Filipi Lima Atlassian Team Apr 27, 2022

Hello! How are you today?

Let's split your questions into two clarification.

1. Changing the the fields for a given issue type.

• That can be done through the use of field configuration schemes.
    • A field configuration scheme is associated to a project.
    • Each field configuration scheme may have one or more field configurations - you can assign different field configurations for different issue types.
    • If you create a field configuration for Epic, you can remove the Component field from it.

Here are a couple docs on that:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-are-issue-field-configuration-schemes/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-field-configurations/

2. Removing Epics from the results in your pie chart. 

• Instead of modifying the field configuration, you may create a different filter to be used on your pie chart - one where you exclude Epic issues (In JQL: issuetype != Epic)

Let us know if that helped!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you