Query to find if a label was removed?

Meike Buettner June 2, 2022

Hi everyone! Hopefully I'm formatting this right, this is my first time posting a question. 

I feel doubtful in this possibility, but just to confirm: 

Is there a way to create a search query to find out if a particular label was once removed (or once existed as a label in the jira)?

2 answers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Meike Buettner 

Maybe you can check the audit log to see if the label was created or removed. Not sure if it's the case.

If you want to monitor label changes on the issue level, I can suggest the Issue History for Jira add-on. My team has developed it as a journal for past activities. You can filter by labels (from the ones you've got) here and see when each label was added or changed.

jira label changes.png

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Meike Buettner -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Short answer: no, not with the built in features of JQL

Longer answer:

The JQL operator WAS to see such changes only supports a small number of fields, and does not include Labels.  If you only need this for one issue perhaps look at the issue history.  If you need this type of query often and for many issues, consider looking at the Atlassian Marketplace to learn if any of the addons for JQL provide this feature.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events