Project Permission Question - One user that can't add attachments

Sarah Fleurimon October 10, 2019

Hi All, I have a question regarding attachments. I have one user who can't add attachments. Any ideas on what the issue might be. I tried adding more permissions, but still no luck. 

2 answers

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Sarah Fleurimon ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community !

Please check whether Role ( where user is added ) is assigned to Create Attachments Permission in Permission scheme or not. 

Please refer Managing Permissions for more details.

Also please ask user to check create issue screen where all fields are ticked or not configure fields. Please refer below screen for additional details.

attachment.png

Thanks,

Avinash

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Sarah Fleurimon 

Normally a user not being able to add attachment will be related to the permission scheme.

Open an issue and use permission helper to confirm if the user has the permission to create attachments.

If not, add the user to the role or group you granted this permission to.

Unfortunately, all other scenarios require assistance from Atlassian support as we may need to review logs to see what went wrong with the user.

Confirm what the user sees, what happens when he attempts to to name a few.

Cheers

Suggest an answer