Progress Field not searchable in JQL

Nesli Kalender May 7, 2024

Hello, 
I can see there is a field called Progress in the issue search. However, I'm not able to search it, it says not searchable. 
When we checked the custom fields to make it searchable, we couldn't see this field. 
anybody know how to search this field. 
I'd like to filter the tasks that start date is in the past but there is no progress on it. 
Thanks 

progress field.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Nesli Kalender

it indeed looks like the progress field isn't searchable in JQL. What you could consider, though, is to filter by the work ratio field instead. The work ratio field contains a percentage that, as far as I know, represents the "done" percentage of the progress field, and can be searched like e.g.

workratio > 50

Mind giving this a try and letting me know how you're doing?

Best,

Hannes 

Nesli Kalender May 8, 2024

thank you so much! Work ratio filed solves my problem :) 

0 votes
Heenaben Sardarbhai Chaudhary May 7, 2024

Hi,

Progress field is not searchable directly in JQL, because its either a system field that jira doesn't expose for searching. or it's a calculated field that isn't indexed for search. In such case you may need to find alternative ways to achieve your filtering requirements. you can use resolution.

check you field configuration whether field is present or not.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events