Opsbar-sequence and reused transitions

Andrew Miller February 5, 2015

Hi;

Can opsbar-sequence be used with reused transitions?  If so, do I have to provide different properties for the transitions in each status or will they be carried over in different statuses?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

You can use the property. It will be the same for each transition. Sometimes that's not what you want though. It's basically the "same" transition, same ID so the property will be the same, too.

Cheers

Andrew Miller February 6, 2015

Yeah, I need the transitions to be in different places in different statuses. It would have been helpful to have this information in Configuring Workflow and Advanced Workflow Configuration

Like Marina Veselić likes this
Andrew Miller February 6, 2015

On the plus side, the workflow designer allows one to delete all the transitions I have to recreate at once. At least, in an inactive workflow. That's quite helpful. It probably saved me an hour.

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2015

To get the order of transitions right for every status I export the workflow XML then change the order of the action elements then reimport the workflow. Tedious but a fine level of control. 

Andrew Miller March 4, 2015

This solution would not work in the Cloud version.

Suggest an answer