Opening edit screen is changing resolution

Rachel M August 6, 2015

The resolution field is being automatically changed to fixed when I open the edit screen.

I have read the answers to similar questions, and know that this occurs if the resolution field is displayed on the edit screen. However, I encountered this problem when I definitely did not have the resolved field displaying on the edit screen. I do not have the resolved field displaying on the edit screen currently, and the problem is still occurring.

When I change the resolved status manually back to unresolved, the story ID text on the sprint view remains struck-through (as if the item is resolved) even though the unresolved status is retained.

3 answers

0 votes
Rachel M August 9, 2015

Hey Nic. We may have solved it ourselves.

Even though I'd removed the Resolution field from my view of the edit screen (as an administrator), it was still present in the screen structure (though not visible to me). The field has now been deleted from the screen structure and it looks like this has fixed it. I've got to test it a bit more, but hopefully that's it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2015

Ah, ok, yes, your view of the create screen is just yours, you needed to be looking at the actual screen definition.

0 votes
Rachel M August 9, 2015

Hi Nic.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by plain JIRA but here's a partial screenshot. As you see, unresolved is in plain text. I got to this view by searching via the issue ID. Does this answer your question or do you need me to do something else?

image2015-8-10 10:2:34.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2015

Plain Jira is the parts that are not Agile, but it's often unclear where that is if you've always had Agile. You have found the right place despite me being unclear on that! That does look like you may have an "unresolved" resolution on the list of resolutions and if you do, you need to remove it because it's wrong.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2015

>When I change the resolved status manually back to unresolved

Hmm.  There's a couple of possibilities here.  One is listeners, the other is someone making a mistake with resolutions.

When you move an issue back to unresolved, could you look at it in plain JIRA (I don't know if you have Agile, but I need the plain issue view) and look at the "resolution" field.  Does it say Unresolved in italics or plain text?

Suggest an answer