Only Display the sub task based on parent task status

unnikrishnan February 14, 2020

Hi All,

I wanted to create a basic board for only sub tasks where  we have TODO,WIP and DONE statuses and I would like to show only active story's( stories which are not completed) sub tasks on the board. with Basic JQL , i am getting old DONE sub tasks as well on the board as I am not evaluating the parent story's status while selecting the sub task.

As we did not purchase the scrip runner , I am not able to use the IssueFunction option. Do we have  any other way to show only Done sub task of the stories which are not completed status.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

Hello @unnikrishnan

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you would like to return in your board all the done sub-tasks from all the stories that are still open. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, Jira does not have that kind of "Sub filter" functionality to return sub-tasks whose stories have specific criteria, however, we have a feature request to implement it:

Filter Issues and all it's subtasks 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you will need a third-party app to achieve that goal, like:

JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports 

ScriptRunner for Jira 

Let us know if you have any questions.

unnikrishnan February 18, 2020

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering whether this is to be a basic requirement user rather than looking for a paid plug ins after purchasing the JIRA separately. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2020

You are welcome, @unnikrishnan

Thank you for the feedback provided in the feature request. We will absolutely give an update on the feature request as soon as we have anything. Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer