Numbering and Bulleting Issue

Allison Beaudry November 24, 2020

Using Confluence Cloud and I am trying to combine both numbers and bullets within the  same section. I am having difficulty getting the numbering to continue after using a bulleted list in the same section (see screenshot). As of now, the only way around this is to simply type the numbering in manually, but that messes up the margins.

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 3.27.08 PM.png

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Allison Beaudry December 1, 2020

Finally found a workaround in an old question!

hit enter after line 4 which would give you 5. Hit 'tab' which will indent and turn this into 'a', then hit the bullet toolbar button (or keyboard shortcut command+shift+b) and it will become a bullet.

If you hit enter again you'll get another bullet, just press shift+tab and it will outdent and become '5', allowing you to continue in the numbered list.

0 votes
Ziad Zitoun March 23, 2021

I have found the solution!!! 

Don't use the numbered list function and type directly numbers as 1 -, 2 -, 3 -.

Ex :

1 -  The first step is this.

2 - The second one it that

3 -  Numbered list issue has been solved : )

0 votes
Veronique DUFOUR November 25, 2020

@Allison Beaudry Could you give more information so it is easier to understand the problem? Thanks :)

Allison Beaudry December 1, 2020

When I am creating a numbered list but want to add bullets within the numbered list, it does not allow me to continue the original numbered list when adding a bulleted section after a numbered section and starts all over at 1 (see screenshot in the original post). 

I hope this is a little more clear.

0 votes
Veronique DUFOUR November 24, 2020

Hi @Allison Beaudry 

I'm not sure it'll work but when I have problems with bullets and numbering, I make some bullets/numbering in advance then enter some text. As an example, I will create number 1 and 2 then add bullets for number 1 then create number 3 then add bullets to number 2. And so on.

Allison Beaudry November 24, 2020

Unfortunately, I can't get that method to work :(

Suggest an answer