Null Pointer in Workflow Validator

Hi All, 

I am getting a null pointer when transitioning an issue from one workflow state to the next.  The next state has a validator that is "Only users with Resolve Issues permission can execute this transition."  This user does not have those permissions.

The null pointer DOES prevent the transition, but I am expecting more information for the user such as "You don't have permissions" rather than a null pointer.  Is this a bug or working as intended?

Thanks!

image2015-5-19 14:59:47.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

Depends! Do you have any workflow validators in the "Pass" transition? If so, that is a good place to start debugging. You will have to check the logs to find the issue without doubt.

Since you are on Atlassian Cloud, raise a support ticket with Atlassian to get the logs.

Thanks Jobin.  The Pass had the same validator which also failed in the same way.  I decided to go with a conditional rather than a validator, and that works for my needs.

Thanks for the response.  Consider it accepted.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot