Next-gen project - aggregate / sum time tracking from sub-tasks?

Kenny Nguyen January 21, 2020

Hi there,

Is there an option to add the time logged in the sub-tasks and display the total in the parent task? i.e., I have a Task with 2 sub-tasks, if I logs 2 hours of work for each of the sub-tasks, I expect to see that a total of 4 hours had been logged when viewing the parent task.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hello @Kenny Nguyen ,

Currently only story point estimation is avaliable in Next-Gen projects and Time Tracking estimates are still in the works as an upcoming feature, so the aggregate / summation fields signified with the "Σ <Time Tracking Field Name>" such as the "Σ Original Estimate" and "Σ Remaining Estimate" fields are not avaliable on a Next Gen boards or issues at this time.

We are tracking the features implementation at the following Request:

Also, keep an eye on the next-gen public roadmap that lists what's in the works currently with releases coming soon and items that have been recently shipped, viewable here: atlassian.com/roadmap, noting that "Adding Time Estimates to your issues" was recently added to the In the Works section, so we should see this one roll out really soon.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer