It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Subtask issue type in Next-Gen project

In Next Gen Projects, we have sub tasks - however, my QA wants to add bugs to the User Story and then view them in the scrum board under the user story - The only way i thought we could achieve this was to create a new issue type as "Sub Type Bug", using  a Sub Type issue (template) however i cannot find how to create a new sub type issue type under project settings - can anyone help?

Thank-you

Richard

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Richard,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Indeed, in JIRA Next-gen you can only use the default single type of sub-task for now. In fact, the sub-task functionality is a relatively new feature in next-gen (It was implemented two months ago as you can see in this link), so I believe our developers will be adding further improvements to it in the next months.

For reference, you can check below the feature request opened to allow the creation of multiple sub-task types in Next-gen projects:

Allow the creation of Multiple Sub-task issue types in Next-gen

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello Peter,

Any updates? We won't see any feedback for creating multiple sub-task issue types. Quite hard to manage the project, thinking to go back to other version.

Thanks!

Like Max likes this

Hi Petter,
Any updates for this feature? We need it so badly for our project management. 

Thanks,

Oh Petter, please respond!

It's yet another blocker with adopting next-gen projects for us as well.

Hello Folks!

Unfortunately, we have not implemented that feature on Jira Next-gen yet.

The good news is that the feature request has received a good number of votes and should already be considered by our development team.

Just like mentioned before, you can click to watch the feature request and be aware of any updates as soon as our development team has anything:

Allow the creation of Multiple Sub-task issue types in Next-gen 

Also, make sure to add your feedback on that feature request as well, since that is the main source our developers are measuring its impact and requirement.

Thanks!

Please prioritise this feature!! It is so painful to track bugs that belong to a story in 'Group by subtask' view. It gets thrown right to the bottom as issues without stories, and its annoying, gets lost, is missed or we have to scroll up and down so many times!! OMG!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you