Multiple Sub-tasks for parent Tasks

Sebastiaan Burger May 14, 2021

Hi team,

I have a question, I have various different tasks that we use in our suite, I would like to create different subtasks for each task, here is an example:

1. Development Task -> Sub-tasks
2. Quality assurance Task -> Use Cases

I need a lot of assistance with this, firstly I have created a new subtask called use cases, but this is not selectable, nor can I create one or convert a current task to this option,

thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

How are you trying to convert the issues to sub-tasks at the moment?

I tried to do a batch, did not work, then I tried manually one by one, but the newly created subtask is not an option. I can only choose the old sub-task

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Did you assign the new issue type to your project? It needs to be in the issue type scheme of the project in order to use it

WOW, That is it. Thank you

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

You’re welcome!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events