Merge multiple project boards into one.

Remi Omoyele August 11, 2021

Hi, 

Please can someone please help with a query to merge several projects into one board so i can view the active sprints in swim-lanes.

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

Boards do not belong to, or contain, projects.  They select for a set of issues to work with on the board.

So, to create your board, start by running a search like "Project in (ABC, DEF, GHI)", save it as a filter, and then create a board from that filter.

Remi Omoyele August 11, 2021

Thank you, just did that and it worked!!!!

Nathaniel Adejoh Onuche November 2, 2021

Hello. Please how do I create a board from a filter? I've saved the filter already but I don't know how to create a board from it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

Go to a company-managed project and look to the "boards" drop-down, which has "create board" at the bottom.  That process will ask you if you want to create from a board, a filter or a project.

Nathaniel Adejoh Onuche November 2, 2021

Just did. It works. Thanks

Reagan Chan March 30, 2022

Hi

Would this work if i am trying to merge 3 team managed board into 1 Company managed board?

Kind regards,

Reagan Chan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

Yes, because a (company-managed) board works off a filter, not from a project.

Reagan Chan March 31, 2022

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

I've tried to set the filter the board is not showing any cards.

My current filter is project = (AAA) or project = (BBB) or project = (ccc).  Is this filter correct?

kind regards,

Reagan Chan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2022

Yes, that looks fine, although you could shorten it to 

Project in (AAA, BBB, ccc)

if you wanted.

But that's not important now, we're looking for non-existent issues.  What type of board have you created?  When you look in the backlog part of the board, are your issues there?  Do you have any unmapped status when you go to Board Config -> Columns?

Reagan Chan May 15, 2022

hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

I have created 3 team managed boards that are already currently running in sprints, 3 of boards have the same columns, with issues in backlog. No unmapped status in Board Config.

Have tried to configure the filter with the above and unable to merge the 3.

Kind regards,

Reagan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2022

Team-managed boards can't do this, you need to be using boards created from existing filters (which you can only get to from company managed projects)

Reagan Chan May 18, 2022

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events