Merge commits does not appear in jira deployments panel

Alkaid Llanes April 28, 2022
I have a connection between Jira and Gitlab, I want my deployments on gitlab to show on Jira Deployments section, it works well for non merge commits, but in the case of merge commits nothing appears there, Is there a solution for this?

This is example of my Jira Deployments section, all those commits are non merge commits

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 13.13.25.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Hi @Alkaid Llanes ,

that information appears if the merge is managed through a pull request within bitbucket but not for gitlab. In my mind, this is correct because, merge commit should appear on the target branch and not on the source one.

Using Bitbucket, that operation appears because is related to pull request.

Fabio

Alkaid Llanes April 28, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ I probably don't explain myself so good, non english speaker here :(, the thing is that Jira is doing nothing with merge commits, but in the merge commit is where the deployments runs on gitlab,  so the only way I have to see those deployments on jira, is doing it in normal commits, before the merge.. do I explain better?

Suggest an answer