Mass value setting (no bulk)

Cornelis Hoeflake March 27, 2021

Hi, I need to set a value for a custom field on a lot of issues. The value is a select option of 6 options. Ideally I would migrate the custom field to a link, but linking is not idea for this at the moment. But that is the plan for the future.

Currently I multi select the issues and execute a bulk change, but multiple select of issues combined with sub-tasks does not work. So it generates a log of work, opening each issue, set value etc.

I have also played with the Canvas plugin, but does not support linking.

Ideally I want a dashboard with a list of all issues 'to be handled' and per custom field value a drop zone. That drop zone executes an arbitrary code of script which does the job (setting the value on the issue of link the issue). I could not find something like this... Any ideas? Or other solutions to get the job done?

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2021

Hi,

You can try Scriptrunner for Jira, you will be able to create a custom script (Groovy) or use Jira Python and write some code.

Hope this helps

Cornelis Hoeflake March 27, 2021

Thank you dor the reply. I know scriptrunner from a long time ago. How can I trigger a script easily with different input (choice of 6 values) for a lot of issues?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events