Managing multiple projects in one Kanban board

Brady Mielke March 14, 2016

I am managing a team that is spread across multiple projects within the company. I have created a Kanban board that pulls in these multiple projects so we can view all of our team members' tasks in one Kanban board. The problem is the projects being filtered into the board use different workflows. So for certain tasks I am unable to change their statuses and/or move them from the In Progress column to the Done column. I have already mapped all available 'Unmapped Statuses' in the column configuration page and I am still unable to drag tasks to the Done column. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I have tried everything. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Hi @Brady Mielke

If you are unable to move an issue between two columns it means that either there is no transition available between the current status and any in the destination column OR if there is a transition you are not meeting the conditions for that transition.

The easiest way to troubleshoot this is to find an issue that it is not possible to move. Then open this issue in the issue view in a second window and look at the workflow associated with the issue.You should then be able to see which status is not in the "Done" column. Alternatively which status is mapped but which transition you need to check the conditions for.

One gotcha to look out for is where two different workflows share the same status but they do not map to the same column. 

I hope this helps you troubleshoot your problem.

Suggest an answer