Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Managing Non-Managed Users

Edited

Hello,

So my organization recently went through a change that warranted us to change our email addresses. I am able to "Log in as User" and change their emails, but the users cannot change their emails. They get a warning that their account is managed.

-----------------

manageduser1.jpg

----------------

Which would be fine if I was also able to manage the users.

-----------------manageduser2.jpg

-----------------

Does anybody have a suggestion of some other buttons I could press or places I could explore to either manage the users or allow them to change their own email addresses?

Thanks,

Pierre

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Pierre Sosa

Checking your organization logs, I can confirm the new domain of the users under your site is currently claimed by a different organization. That's why you are not able to manage them.

I sent you a message on the CA ticket you create to provide you with more details about the behavior and the options you have to achieve your goal. As the next steps might require sensitive information about your organization, please let's keep the communication on the internal ticket.

Thanks!

0 votes

My guess is that something along these lines happened:

• Aliss@yourold.org created an Atlassian account (or you gave them the account)
  • Your organisation claimed yourold.org
  • Your organisation claimed yournew.org
  • You got admin on yournew.org

Alice is still managed by yourold.org, so you'll need to get admin in there as well, so you can change the email addresses.

Thank you. I'm thinking this sounds like a solid hypothesis given a larger organization. We're a small test group. There are only 10 of us. I created the account, and I don't recall going through any workflows to have the domain claimed (having anticipated the changes on our end).

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 29, 2022

So if the users go to id.atlassian.com then click on their avatar and manage settings they cannot change their email?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 29, 2022

Have you seen this article - change-atlassian-account-email-addresses 

They cannot change their own emails. Thank you for the article. I think we had seen that one previously.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you