Manage projects shows nothing even though DVCS bitbucket lists the repository

Paul Jose September 24, 2021

Hi, I'm new to Bitbucket and Jira. At-least, the setting up aspect of it, and so I don't know if this is a "noob" question.

I actually started with a project on github a while back and wanted to continue working on it in bitbucket to integrate with jira (whole ecosystem reason). I was able to successfully import the project from github into bitbucket and had no issues whatsoever.
But now, I want to create tickets for the repository and I can't. Under DVCS accounts I can see my repository, but when I go to manage projects I cannot see the project I created in bitucket. I don't know if bitbucket and jira projects are different and if you have to create two different projects - one for Bitbucket and one for Jira.
I tried creating another project (A) in Jira and then linking the repository from my bitbucket project (B) into it and that worked, but the whole point of this question is to know if I can share a project between Bitbucket and Jira. If it is possible, then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

At this point I have no idea how to go forth. Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: If I create a project in Jira, it gives me an option to create in bitbucket as well. It creates under the same name (obviously makes sense to). I still do not know how I connect the existing bitbucket project to Jira.

0 answers

Suggest an answer