Making Custom field required and optional

Gnanabaskar March 16, 2022

Hi,

I have a custom field Criteria which is mandatory for a Issue type Story for create issue screens.  I want to make that particular custom field optional for Bug issue type (Bug Create issue screen) . How is it possible./?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Can I have Different Required Fields for Different Issue Types?

Yes, as long as it is a different issue type. Required fields, at creation time are controlled by the field configuration scheme. That scheme is composed of one or more field configurations. Every issue type can have its own field configuration inside the field configuration scheme. If you have 5 issue types and 1 has special needs you create a field configuration for the 4 issue types and another for the 1 issue type. Then you combine them into a field configuration scheme and apply that to the project. When an issue is created, it looks for a field configuration for that issue type and uses it. If it doesn't find one it uses the default in the configuration scheme.  Copy/paste this link for more information.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

If the field is only required when creating the issue you can do that by creating a new workflow for bugs. If the field is set to be required in the field configuration you will have to create a new field configuration that makes the field optional and field configuration scheme that is associated with the bug issue type.

mahi kamal December 12, 2022

hello I have a problem , about due date(system field) I want to due date in screen and required I go to issues and custom field all the setting and do it but  I can't  see due date for special project another project it's ok work it but this project i can't see it actually i can't create task because due date is required field , please help  me . thank you

Suggest an answer