Live Notifications

Domantas Giedraitis April 16, 2021

Hi,

We are currently having a service desk setup, with a team of 2 - 5. We work on LIFO basis (Last In First Out). Since there are 2-5  of us, it happens quite frequently, that 2 colleagues will open the same ticket at the same time, and then they enter what I call "Blind spot". One person's updates will not be visible to other person, as there are no any live notifications (Like AJAX), which would say somewhere in the corner "Member X just assigned this to himself". 

This is really frustrating, because we may have 2-3 people working on the same task, without none of them realizing this... 

Is there a way to resolve this? Maybe there is a plugin, which would enable live notifications or live update or something?

Much appreciated in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Domantas Giedraitis 

I understand that you are looking for a way to get notifications on the page directly say when someone else assigns the issue when you might have two or more users looking at the issue at one time.

While Jira Cloud does not have this direct ability at this time, you might want to take a look at the free app called Who's Looking.  This app let's you at least see which other users are currently viewing that issue.  This could at least be useful tool for your users so that they can have a little bit more information about who else might looking at an issue at any given time.

I realize this is not exactly what you have asked for, but having this knowledge could be a useful means avoid collisions between users.

Let me know if you find this helpful.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events