Linking roadmaps from different projects

Pedro Moreira January 23, 2020

Hi, i wanted to know if it's possible to link a specific Epic from a roadmap to another project's roadmap. The case is the following, we have several projects assigned to different teams but there are a few that are linked and therefore i wanted to create another project in which i would get the specific epic from one project roadmap to the new project. So lets say i have 3 projects with 5 epics each in the roadmap, i want to get the first epic of each project and have them all (first epic of each project) on another project with all of them merged together.
Is this possible to achieve?

Thank you, Pedro.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Pedro Moreira

I'm going to assume you're using Next-Gen? If so, this isn't possible at the moment - roadmaps are specific to one project only and the Epics cannot be displayed on other project's roadmaps / boards.

These suggestions would be ones to check and vote for if you need this functionality: JSWCLOUD-17452, JSWCLOUD-17789, JSWCLOUD-17238.

Ste

Pedro Moreira January 23, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

First thanks you for your quick reply.

Yes, im using next-gen. Do you know if there's an ongoing project to make this possible on Jira?

Pedro.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

No problem :)

I've added some suggestions to my comment above that users have provided which you can vote for. Here you can also check their progress and see if they're being prioritised or built.

Ste

Like Pedro Moreira likes this
Deva Perumal January 12, 2021

Is this can be done in Jira classic?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

Hi @Deva Perumal 

Not at this stage; Roadmaps in Classic are also single project.

There is a suggestion to change this - vote/follow JSWCLOUD-20703 

Ste

Suggest an answer