Limit view/edit issue access to only those issues where user is assignee/reporter/watcher?

Greg Raddemann December 29, 2016

I have a user that I'd like to only be able to see issues where he is either the assignee, the reporter, or a watcher. I'd rather not have to assign an issue security level to every (only those) issue(s) that I'd like him to view/edit, so am hoping for a more elegant solution. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

Watcher isn't going to work, as you can't be added as a watcher unless you can already see it. 

Assignee works in permissions, and if you're on server, you can enable "Reporter Browse" permission too.  That means you can get 2/3rds done by saying "browse = assignee, reporter-browse"

Greg Raddemann December 30, 2016

Thanks Nic.

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2016

Issue security is what you want unfortunately.  Otherwise i guess you could look into something like service desk which has some access compartmentalization for external users.

Greg Raddemann December 30, 2016

I appreciate the response, Randy.

Suggest an answer