It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Kanban Board: Components as Swimlanes

Dear All,

I feel like it is not possible to create swimlanes per component? Although I'd think that would be very useful?
Is it possible to create swimlane queries? Or do I need to filter with the Query functionality?

Thanks,
Miriam

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Miriam Grundig and welcome to Community!

It is indeed possible to create swimlanes by components:

component-swimlane.PNGLet me know if this helps!

- Manon

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy,
Great. That helps a lot!

Thanks,
Miriam

consider this will only show your issue in ONE swimlane line, whereas issues can have multiple components.

Very helpful! Thanks!

Like Manon Soubies-Camy likes this
3 votes

Hi Miriam,

Can't you do it out of the box? I can't check it right now but I remember using a customized JQL for swimlanes. Also, I remember using this add-on in some customer that allows you to do anything you need in a board,

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211683/comala-canvas-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hi @Cristian Rosas _Tecnofor_,

Thanks for the answer. Manon made me aware it can be done via Swimlanes on Queries...
We try to avoid using plugins wherever possible to keep our jira clean and updateable.

Thx,
Miriam

Like romain baranne likes this

Hi all.

I tried the same thing to display my different issues but where i return in my kanban board i didn't have my swimlanes

can u help me please?

Thanks a lotCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Hi @lobna.lahmar,

Do you have any issues with component Marketo or BFO? The swimlanes won't show up unless they contain issues.

Best,

- Manon

yes , i created a  story with the name [bfo]test and i havn't my swimlane :(

Is "BFO" also in the Component field? If it's only in your issue summary, it won't work - you need to have Component = BFO for the swimlane to work. You can send us a screenshot of your issue if it's easier :)

i have many issues, i want to organize them in swimlanes , it doesn't contain necessarily  the word which is the name of the swimlane . i just tried to see but if you have another solution i ll take itCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

You need to fill in the Component field if you use JQL like "component = BFO" in your swimlanes:

component.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you