Jira dashboard popolarity values and archieved projects

Markku April 26, 2021

Hi,

I have a question regarding to dashboard popularity feature. What means if dashboard popularity value is set 0 (zero)? Does it means that there are no any person following this dashboard? So if I archieve the project I want that project "disappeared" from the users. 

I want also that no one can "jump" accidently to this archieved project from the linked issues, filters, views or any functionality in Jira or Confluence. 

How can I be sure that all the views and connections to archived project are blocked from users?  

Regrads,

Markku

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

People can flag a dashboard as a favourite so that it appears on the list of dashboards they can go to in the dashboard menu.

That's all that the popularity value shows - how many people have it as a favourite.

Archiving projects will have no effect on the dashboards themselves, they're not linked to projects directly.  But if you archive something that appears on a dashboard, it will not be shown on the dashboard any more.

Markku April 26, 2021

Thanx Nic for your answer. So popularity is only like "display flag" - no project linked connection directly. So popularity has no effect to project itself and when I archive project, linked issues, filters and dashboards (links) are also inactivated and cannot be used anymore.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

No, there's no direct connection between issue links, filters, or dashboards and projects.  Issue links, filters and dashboards do not belong to projects.

They will be unaffected by archiving a project, other than they will stop reporting on the issues you have archived.

Suggest an answer